Sunday 17 June 2012

Elements on Hollis – Guest Post by Michael Sandoval

            While with family as we visited Canada, we stopped over in Halifax for a meal, among other things. Being tourists, we had no idea which places were good, which were new, etc. So we drove around a little and saw Elements on Hollis, pulled in, and hoped for the best. As for what we got, let me begin with how I see the typical dining place:

            The average restaurant, no matter where you go, tends to be very conservative with their offerings. Sure, some small businesses use locally grown ingredients, but what they make is very normal for the area - for us Americans, a burger, fries, maybe some steak, some grilled pork... Not so with Elements on Hollis - they mix local support with a very diverse menu! Sitting there and reading that menu was both tantalizing and stressful - in an "oh God what'll I choose to get?"- indecisive kind of way.

        Once I had gotten over myself and made a choice, I went with the Apple Cider Pork Chop - not too far from what I'm used to, but it definitely sounded like quite the adventure:


    I was thoroughly impressed with the flavor of the chop, especially considering pork chops are not usually among my personal favorite foods. Moreover, I found it to be very tender, and thus easily chewed.  While the price escapes me as I write this, I was completely satisfied with it and found my decision worth it nonetheless. The only complaint I have is that I don't have an infinite stomach to try the rest of the menu!

Michael Sandoval is a caterer from California.  He is the online community manager for Better Cater (www.bettercater.com)  During his free time he enjoys traveling, discovering new restaurants, and BBQ.    

No comments:

Post a Comment